1-1 Download & Print The DS-64 Statement Regarding A Lost Or Stolen Passport Book And/Or Card
- Complete the application form by hand.
- Sign the DS-64 passport application.
IMPORTANT: Only use this form in conjunction with a lost or stolen passport.
1-2 Download & Print Fastport Passport's Registered Courier Service Letter Of Authorization
- Print two copies of the Letter of Authorization.
- Complete the Letter of Authorization by hand in blue or black ink.
- Write Fastport Passport as the courier company name.
IMPORTANT: Only check off the first two boxes. DO NOT check off all three boxes on the Letter of Authorization. This form allows Fastport Passport to expedite your passport application.
1-3 Provide Your Proof of Identity
IMPORTANT: In addition, it helps to provide copies of at least three Supplemental Identification documents to avoid any delays in processing your application with the U.S. Department of State.
Acceptable Supplemental Identification:
|- Non Drivers ID Card
||- Library Card
||- Lease Agreement
|- Work Identification
||- Credit Card
||- Voters Registration Card
|- Social Security Card
||- School ID
||- Baptismal Certificate
|- Health Insurance Card
||- High School Year Book
||- Tax Records
1-4 Provide Your Passport Photograph
- Provide one new passport photo (2”x2”).
- Passport photos can be taken at most CVS, Walgreens, FedEx Kinkos, and Post Offices.
Passport Photo Requirements:
Eyeglasses must be removed. Recent Color Photo taken in last six months. 2x2 inches in size (51mm x 51mm). Photo Quality Paper. Head size must be between 1 inch and 1 ⅜ inches. Plain white or off-white background. Neutral facial expression (no smiles!) directly facing the camera. Normal clothing. No uniforms, except for religious clothing worn daily. No hats or head covering that covers hair or hairline, unless worn daily for religious purposes. Face must be visible with no shadows being cast on face. No headphones or similar items can be worn. Prescription glasses or hearing devices normally worn may be included. Dark glasses or tinted lenses non-prescription glasses are not allowed. If they are a medical need, then you may need to provide medical certification. No glare on glasses. Your eyes MUST be visible.
1-5 Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Provide one original document (not a copy) from the following:
- Original U.S. Birth Certificate or,
- Certified copy of U.S. Birth Certificate or,
- Original Naturalization Certificate or,
- Previously Expired U.S. Passport that was valid for at least 10 years
The U.S. Department of State now requires all U.S. Birth certificates to have both parents names and dates of birth listed. This is also known as a Long-Form Birth Certificate.
If you cannot locate your proof of citizenship, you can download the file search form and pay the US Department of State $150 in lieu of submitting your birth certificate or you can order your birth certificate from Vital Check and it takes 3-5 business days.
IMPORTANT: Documents that are mutilated, altered, or damaged will be rejected by the U.S. Department of State. Please include a signed statement explaining the damage.
1-6 Provide Proof Of International Travel
- Proof of confirmed international travel within 14 days or 30 days if a visa is also needed.
- Print two copies of your proof of travel.
1-7 Provide Required Government Fees
- Make a check or money order Payable to: U.S. Department of State Fee - $170.00 (adults) - $140 (child) -
- If you would like a Passport Card along with your passport book include an additional $30 check or money order payable to the U.S. Department Of State.
IMPORTANT: The government fees are paid separately from our fee to expedite your passport. Include your date of birth on the check or money order. Starter checks without an address will not be accepted.
- Acceptance Agency Fee (e.g. post office, county clerk) - $25.00
An acceptance agent is needed to verify the signatures and identity of the applicant. This is usually the post office or county clerk. Please refer to Step 3. Leave check or money order blank (Acceptance agent will instruct you to whom to make the check or money order payable to).
2-1 Complete the DS-11 Barcoded Application Form
- Complete the form online using the Passport Application Wizard.
- All passport agencies now require the use of the 2D bar code application form.
- You will NOT be making a payment via this form since you are using an expeditor service, so IGNORE the payment page at the end. Simply select any option and continue so you can print this form.
- Do not click preview form. Click NEXT PAGE at the bottom. On the last page, click 'Create Form' and a PDF file will open up.
- Do not sign this form until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent at the post office or county clerk.
IMPORTANT: Handwritten applications are not accepted for expedited processing. You are not applying for your passport online, but rather completing the application form online to print it out. Government fees are paid at the acceptance agency. For additional assistance, please watch our short video: How to Complete the DS-11 Application Video.
3-1 Applicants Must Appear In Person At A Passport Acceptance Agent
- This step is required for all passport services. There are over 8000 locations across America. Some Acceptance Agents require appointments.
- Find a local passport acceptance agent near you
- Notify the Acceptance Agent you require a Sealed Hand Carry Envelope and you are using a Registered Passport Courier to expedite your passport.
3-2 Applicant Must Provide All Required Documents To The Acceptance Agent
- The Acceptance Agent will review all documents you prepared in Step 1 & Step 2 on this checklist.
3-3 The Acceptance Agent Will Verify The Applicants Identity
- The Acceptance Agent will review the applicants documents and passport photo to verify identity.
3-4 The Acceptance Agent Is Required To Witness The Applicant Sign The DS-11 Form In Person
- The Acceptance Agent will instruct the applicant to sign the DS-11 in their presence.
- Your signature must appear the same on all documents. If they do not match your application could be denied.
- Sign only in black ink.
3-5 The Acceptance Agent Must Seal Your Documents Inside A Hand Carried Envelope
- The Acceptance Agent MUST seal all documents inside the Hand Carry Envelope.
- This must include the signed DS-11 Form, Passport Photo, Proof of Citizenship, Proof Of Travel, Authorization Letter, and a check for the Government Fees: of $170.00 (adults) - $140 (child) all inside the Sealed Hand Carry Envelope.
- The Sealed Hand Carry Envelope is Adjudicated when the Acceptance Agent seals and marks the outside of the envelope "To Be Opened By U.S. Passport Issuance Office Only”.
- Make sure the Acceptance Agent returns the Sealed Hand Carry Envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope to you, please instruct the Acceptance Agent that it is recommend that he/she refer to page 31 of their Passport Agent's Manual, regarding the procedure for "Hand-carrying of Executed Applications".
IMPORTANT: Do NOT Open or Tamper with this Sealed Hand Carry Envelope. Your Sealed Hand Carry Envelope must be sent to Fastport Passport by the following day or the application may be denied. Follow Step 4 Package & Send Your Hand Carry Envelope.
3-6 Pay the Acceptance Agent Fee of $25.00 - Only Cash, Check, Or Money Order Are Accepted
Quick tips for this process:
- Print this Letter to Acceptance Agent. Bring it with you to the Acceptance Agent. This letter explains the process for the acceptance agent.
- Notify the agent you are using a Registered Courier Service to "hand carry" and expedite your passport application.
- The acceptance agent will review All Documents you prepared in Steps 1 & 2 and seal them in an adjudicated envelope.
- The agent will instruct you to Sign the DS-11 in their presence. Your signature must appear the same on all documents. Sign only in black ink.
- The agent will then seal the DS-11, photos, proof of citizenship, travel documents, authorization letter, and the $170.00 (adults) - $140 (child) check in an adjudicated envelope marked "To be opened by U.S. Passport Issuance Office Only".
- Make sure the agent returns the sealed hand carried envelope to you. If the agent does not feel at ease about releasing the envelope, recommend that he/she refer to page 31 of their Passport Agent's Manual, "Hand-carrying of Executed Applications".
- Pay the Acceptance Agent fee of $25.
IMPORTANT: Do not open or tamper with this sealed Hand Carry Envelope. Ship this sealed envelope to Fastport Passport by the following day or your application may be denied.
4-1 Preparation For Sending Your Sealed Hand Carried Envelope to Fastport Passport
Attach a copy of your travel plans, and authorization letter to the outside of the hand carry envelope with a staple or paperclip. This is for our review only as the sealed envelope cannot be opened or tampered with in any way.
The "Hand Carry" Sealed Adjudicated Envelope must be sent to our processing department by the following business day.
IMPORTANT: Applications received after 1 business day of being sealed will delay or suspend your application.
4.2 Shipping Your Passport Application for Expedited Processing to Fastport Passport
- Send us your adjudicated sealed envelope. If you chose an Inbound Shipping Method on the order form, please print out the FedEx label to send us your sealed adjudicated hand carry envelope. You can find your Inbound FedEx shipping label by logging into My Account.
- Our processing times are based on when we get the documents from you. We will send you email updates throughout the passport process once your documents are received and as your passport is being processed.
Ship all documents to:
Attention Passport Department:
1318 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
IMPORTANT: Same Day passport requests are processed the next business day unless you speak with a Fastport Passport representative and arrange first overnight shipping with FedEx.
Any Questions? Please Call Us: 877-910-7277
Now you have completed the Fastport Passport Expedited checklist!!
If you have not yet placed an order for your expedited passport processing, please Order Now.
See our expedited service options that best fit your needs.